Hugo Medicare FAQ
IS MY HUGO ROLLING/FOLDING WALKER COVERED UNDER MEDICARE?
Yes, the Hugo Rolling Walker is covered under the Medicare Part B benefit.
IS A PRESCRIPTION FROM A PHYSICIAN NECESSARY IN ORDER FOR REIMBURSEMENT?
Yes. A prescription is required in order for Medicare to cover this benefit. Note: The prescription must be dated prior to purchasing the Hugo Rolling Walker.
HOW MUCH WILL MEDICARE REIMBURSE FOR THE HUGO ROLLING WALKER?
Medicare will pay 80% and the beneficiary will pay the remaining 20%. The amount varies by state.
WILL THE RETAIL STORE WHERE THE HUGO ROLLING WALKER IS PURCHASE SUBMIT THE MEDICARE CLAIM ON THE BENEFICIARY’S BEHALF?
Yes, the retail pharmacy is obligated by law to submit the Medicare Part B claim on behalf of the beneficiary. The retail store will collect the full retail price from the beneficiary and then Medicare will reimburse the beneficiary 80% of the allowable amount. To determine how much Medicare will reimburse you for your Hugo Rolling Walker, please call Medicare directly at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to discuss your benefits.
WHICH RETAIL OUTLETS CARRY THE HUGO ROLLING WALKER?
Wal-Mart and Costco
WILL MEDICARE COVER PRODUCTS PURCHASED ONLINE?
At the moment, Medicare does not cover any brands of rolling walker purchased online. You must purchase your Hugo rolling walker through a retail store in order to be reimbursed by Medicare.
HOW OFTEN WILL MEDICARE ALLOW FOR REIMBURSEMENT ON A HUGO ROLLING WALKER?
The Medicare Part B benefit allows the beneficiary to purchase and be reimbursed every 5 years.